Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Column that displays date report was run?

Level 9

Is there a way to add in a column to any report of (right now) so that when we create a report and export it, it shows the date in a column?

i.e. I want to be able to see what you'd see in the title of a file, so when I'm looking in an excel document I can know when the report was run/exported.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Thanks for the tag (and the challenge) @Sheri_Whitten: yes, I did figure out a solution.

@Christina_Jarosz, to make a view include the current date and time (for exporting purposes), I invite you to add a column with the following text mode:

valueexpression=$$NOW
valueformat=fullAtDate
displayname=Current Date And Time

Which will then look like this:

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1674683380863.png

Regards,

Doug

cc: note to self @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore 

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

We use the Last Viewed By: Name and the Last Viewed Date - these are native fields in the Report report type. Is that what you're looking for?

Sheri_Whitten_0-1670246576655.png

Level 9

Thanks Sheri! I'm looking to display the time/date stamp of the current minute.

I want to be able to see, on an excel in a column, this report was exported on xyz date at xyz time.

The reports may have been viewed/edited etc multiple times. But if I am running multiple reports, I want to know that 'this data was pulled on Monday, 12/06 or Thursday, 12/01 for example. 

Community Advisor

Ah ok, I see what you're looking for. I don't know how to do that straight from Workfront. I wonder if maybe @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore has an idea that would work for you - any thoughts, Doug?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Thanks for the tag (and the challenge) @Sheri_Whitten: yes, I did figure out a solution.

@Christina_Jarosz, to make a view include the current date and time (for exporting purposes), I invite you to add a column with the following text mode:

valueexpression=$$NOW
valueformat=fullAtDate
displayname=Current Date And Time

Which will then look like this:

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1674683380863.png

Regards,

Doug

cc: note to self @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore 

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use

Community Advisor

Nice! Another great solution solution  So thankful for your expertise, Doug!!