Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Column Sharing - hiding text label if there is no value for that field

Level 8
I have a challenge for the reporting experts =) Does anyone know if it's possible to use if/then statements in column sharing? In my report I'm showing 5 fields in 1 column. If one of those fields is blank, I don't want it to show the label for that field. In the following example, Only Data Center: and Enterprise Networking have results. Data Center: Expert Cloud: Enterprise Networking: Beginner DNA: Collaboration: I want it to only show Data Center: Expert Enterprise Networking: Beginner Here is one section of code for the Enterprise Networking row: column.4.textmode=true column.4.value= Enterprise Networking: column.4.valueformat=HTML column.5.displayname= column.5.linkedname=direct column.5.namekey=Enterprise Networking column.5.querysort=DE:Enterprise Networking column.5.sharecol=true column.5.textmode=true column.5.valuefield=Enterprise Networking column.5.valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString I tried changing column.4.value to column.4.valueexpression along with IF(ISBLANK.. but haven't had any luck yet getting it to work.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
Ooooh. Tricky one, Adina! In theory, I think you'd either need: a valueexpression "on the label" as well, or some kind of wrapper around the entire optional shared column that makes the entire cell visible or invisible (e.g. height = 0), or some kind of substitution around the whole shared column that replaces "labels without values" with null, after the fact So...I'm going to go with "can't be done" on this one. Hats off to anyone who proves me wrong, as always, of course. And if you still need a solution but do decide to give up, I'd be happy to discuss using our Magic Reports solution for it with you. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Ok, arguing with myself (which happens a lot), how about one more option: make the label an empty string, and move the label INTO the value expression of the data, provided the latter is not ISBLANK? I'll let you mull that over and tackle the nasty IF statements that go with it, provided it seems worthwhile pursuing to you. Regards, Doug

Level 8
Genius, Doug. I knew you would have an idea I could run with! Have a great weekend!

Level 2
Were you able to find a solution for this? Thanks! Noah Wong BIOTRONIK, Inc.

Level 3
This solution should work fine in textie mode. It will be rather cumbersome to manage The resulting report may look oddly fractured upon display. Doug Williams