Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Column label width - how to adjust?

Level 2
Hi! Using a bar chart, I'm finding that the labels for the left/vertical axis are getting cut off (I'm using the project name as the definer for that axis). Is there a way to make the axis label space wider to accommodate long project names? or, conversely, to shrink the width used by the bars (in this case, project percent complete) to allow for wider project names? None of my experiments have had any effect, even changing the horizontal axis to just be project count (so either a zero or a 1) didn't produce a wider column label. thanks! JC Morgan Project Manager Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi JC, I wondered the same thing a couple of days ago, and -- seeing your question -- just now noodled out an oldie but a goodie workaround, as attached. Fyi, I've sometimes used the same technique to alias certain columns in a view to ensure they will be some_minimum_width. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads0690z000007ZiNzAAK.png

Level 2
Thanks! I applied that suggestion to a couple of the projects that go into that report. Unfortunately, it did not produce any change the labels getting cut off. And, in a bonus, the report also now only shows every other project on the axis labels (every project shows up as a bar but only every other one shows as a label on the axis). I'll keep tinkering. Much appreciated on the suggestion! JC Morgan Project Manager Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign