Expand my Community achievements bar.

Check Box Custom Form Field - Grouping in a Report

Level 8
I recently updated a custom form field from radio buttons to check boxes so that more than one option can be selected. This field is also a grouping in one of my reports, but now that more than one option can be selected, it's grouping multiple options together in my report, and I still want each option to be it's own grouping. Is this possible? Here's a screenshot to help you visualize what I'm talking about! (attaching it as well in case it appears too small) Thanks in advance for your help! Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.
4 Replies

Level 10
this isn't possible at the moment. -skye

Level 7
Hi Sydney, To expand upon what Skye mentioned, it's not possible out of the box. However, you can create a calculated field and set the calculation as the other custom field name. This will allow a 1:1 relationship, which you can group by. Good luck! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 8
Hi @Dustin Martin If/when you have time, would you mind posting instructions on how to do this? It could work, but I'm not proficient with calculated fields/expressions. No rush and thank you for the suggestion! Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.

Level 7
Hey Sydney, No problem, it's actually very simple. Let's take the following scenario: Form name: Campaign Info Fields: Drop-down: New or Established: New service area or Existing service area Multi-select: State: Arizona, California, Idaho, Montana, Ohio, Maryland, New York, Nevada, New Mexico, Georgia, Texas, Hawaii, Utah, Florida Calculated field: Name: Sales Location, Description: Where we can sale too, Calculation: State Let's apply this to a task on a project. You've been asked to set up marketing materials for a new sales campaign. You create a task called "South West Campaign, New" You apply a custom form called Campaign Info to the task, and are given 2 fields you can put data in, with a calculated field that shows the values of the second field. Field 1 is "New or Established" and you drop down the choices and select "New". Field 2 is "State", you'll select the locations available, so let's say Arizona, California, and Nevada. Once you hit "Save", you'll see the Calculated field called "Sales Location" display "Arizona California Nevada", because the calculation was just "State", otherwise it's calling to the field "State" and what exists in that field. I hope this helps! Thanks, Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront