Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Character Limit from Rich Text Field in Report

Level 3

Hi Community,

Wonder if one of you can riddle me this. I'm looking to limit the characters I pull into a report from a custom rich text field. Since, from what I understand, RTFs are arrays and there is possibly some issue trying to truncate info from them. I looked high, low, under and over (although not through) the community boards for suggestions and answers. If it can't be done, it can't. But if it can, first step to world domination... er, better reporting results. 

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies

Level 3

what have you tried, and what sort of errors have you gotten? Feel free to post the textmode or wysiwyg screenshots.

Level 3

Hi Skyeh, 

I started with text mode; LEFT({DE:rich text field},150) to return the first 150 characters (note: rich text field is not the actual name of the field, just using in order not to confuse things). No error messages, just did not return anything. 

Next we went to Fusion and built a scenario to grab from "rich text field", truncate down to first 150 characters and then upload that result to a new custom field, "rich text field 150." I can then add that field to my report. This seems like a long way around the barn for something I was hoping we could do within WF with some text mode. 

Hoping someone out there has found the golden ticket....

-Joaquin