Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Changing commit date on task in new "Home" area

Level 4
How do you easily change your commit date on a task in the new home area? I am able to change my dates on tasks from my task list on the left side of the screen, however, I think it's because I'm a system admin. I had one of my coworkers try to do the same thing and he is not able to. He has a worker license. On the old "my work" page, you used to be able to change your commit date super easily and everyone on my team loved that, so I'm assuming there must be a way to do it now? Shannon Bodick Edina Realty Home Services Plus
9 Replies

Level 4
Shannon, In the new home area, after selecting a task on the left side and all the details open up on the right side, click in the update area, and the following opens up and you can see the option for selecting the commit date, to the right of the notify field.

Level 10
Hi Shannon, Further to David's suggestion, you might also appreciate this Commit Date "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/216743818">primer article , for background. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 10
My two cents is that I would still like the ability to completely hide Commit Dates from users across all parts of Workfront. Compared to the old My Work screen, the commit date is a little more prominent in Home, so I'd really like the option in the Layout Template to remove it. David Cornwell

Level 10
Yeah, from what I was told in one of the WF calls, the ability to change the Commit Date in the list view is not currently available in Home. Which I hate, because I like to go through the list and readjust my Commit Dates in one shot when necessary. I know others here do that as well. But you can do what David Taylor posted.

Level 9
Good morning! It actually IS available!! You just have to click on "Update" as if you were going to add a comment, then you can change the commit date, percent complete, status, etc. It had been frustrating to me too, until I figured this out, since I like to sort by commit date. Happy Workfronting! Alison Alison Wells Community Medical Centers

Level 10
Thanks Alison. Yeah I was referring to being able to do it in the List (left panel) view. In My Work I can just rip through each one in the list. Doing it this way I have to click on the object, click updates, click the field, then select the date. So I went from two clicks to four for each Task/Issue. Boo ��

Level 10
Or, Vic, just finish the work and click Done. That's only one click. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 10
LOL – I just looked at my Task to send you a Holiday card and did a Remove From List ��

Level 9
Has anyone found a solve for this? Our team is finally getting a handle on how to use commit dates to make their 'Home' more manageable. However it's painfully slow going through every project. I've attempted to create a task report but it doesn't allow in-line editing. Or, tried creating a project report with the tasks beneath to allow the in-line editing without success. (Honestly - I've also tried incorporating the last note from the parent project but I don't think you can pull that into the report.) Has anyone figured out a way to update the commit dates outside of one-by-one? Christina Jarosz Ascensus