Expand my Community achievements bar.

Certain users can't see fields under custom form

Level 10
Hi WF Community, I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue around many users not being able to see custom fields on a custom form. We have a custom form (Standard Project Information) on all of our project templates. It's associated to the project object. People can see this forms custom fields when creating a new project from a project templates, but when they go into the project after it's created > Project Details > Custom Forms > Standard Project Information section, they don't see any fields under that form. I logged in as most all users of varying license types and groups/teams, and only a few people can see these fields. Any thoughts I where I should look to figure this out? It wasn't a problem in the recent past. Thanks. Nick Nick Valeriote
4 Replies

Community Advisor
do you have a section header on that custom form? My initial gut would have you check that (click on it) and see if the settings on your section break restrict who can View or who can Edit that section. -skye

Level 10
Thanks for the idea, Skye. We didn't have any section breaks on the form. However, we added one and used the view and edit permission settings to allow people to now see and edit the fields. Not sure what was causing the original issue. Not a problem now. Nick Valeriote

Community Advisor
that's a nice workaround to a weird behavior. If your Form Sharing tab seems correct (set to visible system-wide), you might want to submit a ticket. It's not normal for people to see a form title and no form fields especially if there's no section headers anywhere to be found--and definitely not normal to be able to see it while creating and then not after. I wonder if it is tied to the updates tab (which is also not showing visibility reliably) problems. But for now at least your users can get back to work. -skye

Level 10
Good point, Skye. The update tab issue is widespread and recurring here. I'm going to put a ticket in. Nick Valeriote