Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Carry Custom Fields from a project into a new request within the project

Level 1

We allow new requests to be generated directly in certain projects (that have routing details built in), without having to go to a published request queue. Does anyone know how to carry the custom data on the project into the new request that use the same Custom Fields?

When we start a new request in that project, the custom fields start out blank, even though the same fields in the project are filled in.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Employee

Hello Charles,

So I've looped in people smarter than me to help think through this one, here are two things you might want to try.

First, you could create a calculated field on an Issue custom form that look at the Project-level data.

For example: let's say I create an issue on a Project, and that Project has a (project-level) Custom Field called

Color . Now let's say that on my Issue I wanted to show the Project's Color, then I would create an issue-level custom calculated field (or re-use the same field name, doesn't matter) and my calculation would then be:

Project.Color

That way is slightly complicated though.

Second, you can also have custom form data carry over from a request/issue into another object (issue, task or project) by submitting a request through a request queue and have that new request be a resolvable object for the resolving object, as described in this article.

I know this is fairly complicated, so if you need more help you might want to submit a support ticket.

There are two potential ways for you to think about!

Kyna