Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Can you upload multiple new versions of multiple proofs at the same time?

Level 2

We often edit and then want to upload a batch of video content for example, so we may have 15 new versions of 15 videos to upload for review. Currently we have to do this one by one which takes an awful lot of time - is there a way to upload these all at once?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

I'm curious about this too, but for a different reason:

If a routing is sent with 15 pieces of artwork (concatenated by WF Proof; i.e., the user put 15 PDFs in and had PHQ combine them), how would versioning work if we wanted to:

1. Version all 15 again (does PHQ have any idea how to match them up again?).
  2. What if only 5 of those 15 needed changes; how would those match up for the side-by-side features, for example.

We don't currently use versioning because we deemed it too complicated for initial launch (based on our specific routing needs). We see the utility now that we've been at it for 9 months or so, but I've also noticed that planners often do "batch reviews" of multiple artwork at a time to avoid having 15 routings to track for the batch (and to avoid annoying the reviewers, I might add).

It seems like they have a choice: batch without the ability to version, or one-at-a-time and being able to version subsequent rounds.

Level 10

I'm jumping on too. We do this for new proofs where we upload 15 items that have the same workflow, but for new versions, it is an individual upload.

Kevin - we tried what you are talking about and totally ran into the issue you mentioned. For the second version, we only needed like 5 of the 15 but when we did that, they combined and so the compare mode got super confusing. One PM still uploads all 15 (10 being the same version 1 and the 5 being version 2) but that would be confusing to me as a reviewer. So in our trainings, wiki, videos, etc., we don't recommend that people combine proofs.

Level 10

Thanks Anthony for confirming my suspicions on how it would work. I guess when we cross that bridge (to offer/train for versioning) we'll have to see if the tools of versioning trump the annoyance of so many routings to manage.

Employee

Uploading a version of a proof is a one-to-one process. You have to tell Workfront/PHQ which file you want to make a version of, then tell it which file to use as the version, as there is no other way for Workfront/PHQ to match the files. (Workfront/PHQ does not require that the version of the file have the exact name of the original, which is how many document management systems—like Google Drive, WebDAM and AEM—make the match.)

My team at Workfront uses versions all the time for our files. It makes it easy to tell which version is the latest, allows us to easily compare versions, and many times the workflow is the same, so it's a time saver.