Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can you populate the team in a template with individuals that do not have tasks assigned?

Level 3

The ask from the business:

"I want to use Home, but under "My projects" widget, I also want to see all the projects my team is managing."

I see "Projects I'm On" as a filter, but I don't see a way to add the team to the "People" section without explicitly giving individuals a task assignment.

I know people and teams can be added after project creation, but if there's a way to eliminate this step so they can use Home and not an additionally-built report outside of Home, that would be incredible.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, I know with the 24.1 release this month, admins will have the ability to set widgets/filters/etc. in the New Home as part of layout templates. This includes the ability to add custom filters as the default instead of right now users only having the ability to use default filters.

What I don't know, is if you create a new project filter that filters in projects beyond what's applicable to a single user (i.e. all projects with X Group associated), if it'll filter in only the specific user's projects they own or are on within that, or if it'll mean all projects with X Group, regardless if they own or are on it.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 3

I think the barrier comes from the fact that you cannot turn off both Projects I'm On and Projects I Own: you have to have one selected. We can use custom filters and those come in awesome, but these bolded filters negate that functionality in this instance, in that you would always have at least 2 filters running simultaneously.

Community Advisor

You will want to submit this as an idea. You could possibly couch it as a request for a new widget, "e.g. we have a Team Requests widget, and I would like to suggest a new widget called "Team Projects"" or you could just ask for the ability to create your own widgets (highly unlikely to get approved anytime soon)

People can get added after project creation (as you mentioned) or even at the template level if you are able to do this (if each team has their own template), but this is either highly manual or very messy, even if you use fusion. Up to you.