Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Can you link Tasks with Expenses in a Project?

Level 3

Hi,

In a Project grid/table view with all the Tasks listed, is it possible to link Tasks with Expenses?

• Task 1 - $10,000 actual cost
  • Task 2 - $15,000 actual cost
  • Then get Workfront to sum it all up to the Project level.

Right now, we'd have to go into the Expenses tab and add each expense individually and most importantly, it can be confusing to some to see which Tasks link to which Expense.

Is this possible and if not, what would be an alternative solution?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 3

Yes, you can add expenses at the task level.

If you do not see the expense icon/object on the left panel, go to Set Up, Interface, select the license profile, Customize what users see, select Tasks.

Expenses are on the Left Panel.

If the eye has a slash through it uncheck it and you will see Expenses on your tasks.

Expenses at the task level will roll up to the project level.

Hope this helps.

Level 3

Thanks @ElliotLeson. I`ll have to wait until I get access to the interface option. Currently, I don't but it sounds like your solution might work!

Community Advisor

Hi there, were you able to get access/get a resolution?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 3

Hey @Madalyn_Destafney, I did get access but the solution provided would still require going into Expenses to put it under a Task. The ideal solution would be to put Expenses on a task level to avoid those extra clicks.

Level 3

Hey @ElliotLeson, what is the quickest way to add the Task Expenses on the Project level? Currently, it requires 3 clicks to add an expense for each tasks. 1. Clicking into each task > 2. Going into Expenses > 3. Adding the expense.

I'd like to make it easier for the team so they are more likely to use it.

Ideally, its better if we can edit the field similar to how we can double-click and edit the task name, assignments, and % complete (like below).

wf quick edit.PNG