Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can you create a request and have it only visible by certain users?

Level 2

Example i make a request form but it only appears in the request queue for selection if they are these certain stakeholders (based off emails or user log in)

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi Kelly, since requests are issues and must reside in a proj‚ect, I recommend organizing issues in projects. By sharing the projects with specific groups, you can control access through the user profile group affiliations.

Level 2

But how would i set that up for external emails? I try to test it out and i get an error message for the request queue. I even set up an external group and i still cannot get the request form to be accessible for an external email.

Level 10

Hi Kelly, I was replying under the assumption that all users had access to the environment. I'm unfamiliar with functionality for external users.

Employee

Hi Kelly,

I'm looping in @Exp - Vazgen Babayan‚ who might be able to help walk through this, as from my limited understanding, I think there might be a way to have what you need happen.

Am I correct in understanding that this is your question?

• You want to set up a request queue so that only specific external users can see the request queue, and make it so that the specified request queue is not available for internal users to view?

If I'm not understanding, I apologize, but if you clarify, I'm sure it will help Vazgen when he can jump on and answer!

Kyna

Level 2
That is correct @kyna! Kelly Reeves Core Digital | Corporate Marketing JP Morgan Chase & Co. O: 302-282-3870 | M: 484-477-3259

Level 10

Hi Kelly,

There are different settings for providing access to the request queue:

- anyone

- anyone who has view access to the project.

- anyone in this project's company

- anyone in this project's group.

Here is a help article that describes the settings: https://one.workfront.com/s/article/Creating-a-Request-Queue-1593415449

This way you can control who can see the request queue in the Requests dropdown. However, all of those are restricted to users with Workfront login. There is currently no functionality to open up queues to people without Workfront license.

Thanks,

Vazgen

Hi Kelly, i’d like to understand the business situation you’re trying to solve. Would you please elaborate to explain why you’d like (external email) people without a Workfront License to raise requests, and whether setting up and instructing all such people to use a single “guest” login (perhaps also then requiring them to include their real email in a custom parameter, for verification and followup) would suffice? Regards, Doug