Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can Workfront tally up assets in a project?

Level 2
Can Workfront tally up assets in a project?
9 Replies

Level 5
Not quite sure exactly what you're looking for, Ellyn. If you're talking about FTEs over time, you may want to check the staffing tab and look at the Resource Grid. There you can see hours/month assigned to each resource. And, you can see the actual / planned if you select the OPTIONS (little gear) and set the Chart Options to SHOW ACTUAL TIME.

Level 8
Hi Ellyn, I have not found a way to do this in a project report, only in a document report grouped by project. Using Ubercalc, there might be a way to grab the count of documents on a project, and roll that number up to a custom field on the project form. If it doesn’t work using the references number, maybe a default custom field on the document form would work (with a default value of 1). Example report on the project. The Document -> Reference Number field allows you to select Count: [cid:image001.png@01D2AD08.A5B1EB10] [cid:image002.png@01D2AD08.A5B1EB10] I’m not sure if you need to include every version of a document in this count, this way only includes the main object. Adina

Level 10
Hi - I'm having trouble following this thread. Would someone please define an asset? If an asset is an arbitrarily determined deliverable, one could create a custom attribute (check box). You could check the box if it is an asset. You could create a drop down attribute that has descriptors for various kinds of assets. Once you've identified what an asset is, then you simply use reporting to tally them up. Having said that, I'm still not sure what an asset is. Thanks! Eric

Level 8
I assumed an asset would be any document on the project (Word Doc, JPG, PPT) but I could be wrong. ________________________________

Level 2
I am actually more interested in counting deliverables not general assets. In my workflow a list of project Deliverables might be 10 ads (10 .jpg files) and 3 campaign landing pages (3 html files). These are what I am trying to track more accurately. The Assets in this scenario would be the supporting files (project brief, copy docs, layered photoshop files, etc.) The point being to be able to list jobs by 'size'. This is only possible by counting the number of deliverables (from the brief) not the number of tasks. Being deliverables are a mixture of documents/links It seems the only way to accomplish this would be to have a custom form on the project that calculates deliverables (how many ads, how many landing pages, etc.). Then I can tally them (e.g. 13 deliverables) and multiple them by markets (10 markets) for a total deliverable count of 130. It would be great to view current projects by calculated total deliverables but I don't see a way to make this custom view. ________________________________

Level 10
Hi: Deliverables. That is helpful. I think the way you structure your plan is going to be important if you want to represent a deliverable using a task. You could have: October Fun-Ville Campaign Ad A (Parent Task) Ad A Tasks Ad B (Parent Task) Ad B tasks .... Campaign Landing Page 1 (Parent task) Campaign Landing Page 1 tasks Campaign Landing Page 2 (Parent task) Campaign Landing Page 2 tasks; ... In this kind of project structure, you can associate a custom form with the parent task that equates with each major deliverable. I would recommend making that attribute a drop down list. Then, you could create a report that calculates the number of type of deliverable by project. I don't know how to create a custom calculated attribute at the project level that sums up characteristics of all of the children. Might want to ask Doug Den Hoed (AtApp Store). They have a nice bag of tricks for accomplishing lots of things, they might have something for this too. Thanks, Eric

Level 10
Thanks Eric; yes, as Adina alluded to as well, our UberCalc solution could calculate and save such tallies at the appropriate object level. Regards, Doug

Level 2
Very helpful thank you Eric, Adina, & Doug. I forgot there were so many Workfront apps out there like UberCal in the Workfront Marketplace/Apps< ">https://www.workfront.com/enterprise/marketplace/apps/?page=3> ________________________________