Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can't log time from a task?

Level 7
Good morning, Has anyone found that any of their users are unable to log time from the updates tab on a task? They can log work via the My work/home area and their timesheet but the log time button now seems to be missing from the task level. Any ideas?? Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited
30 Replies

Level 10
And yes, we are affected too. I've advised users of the workaround and logged a ticket with Support. This is a pretty huge impact to the whole customer-base, albeit with workarounds. Surprising that this wasn't fixed before clusters 1, 3 and 5 were updated today given that this issue was found the day prior. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 6
All, We now have the Log Time button on the Updates tab for tasks and the font has corrected. I hope you have the same result on your end soon if not already. Best of luck! Jared Mauch Crown Equipment Corporation

Level 7
Ours seems to be back now too! Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Level 3
Ours seems to be back as well. YAY!!! Eileen Womelsdorf SEI Investments Inc.

Level 3
Thanks for pointing that out Jared. We are good too. What do you mean when you say "the font is back"? This is more of a page layout I guess, but the look and feel for the Updates area has changed to be not as "aesthetically appealing" in my opinion as it was in the previous release. Do you mean your look for this has gone back to the previous release when you are talking about the font? Thanks, Brad Brad Mikolajczyk Project Portfolio Manager The Kenan Advatage Group, Inc.

Level 10
Was the update box as wide before? I can't remember! Jamie Hill JLL

Level 6
Cluster 5 still not updated Ryan Carroll Integrated Marketing Services

Level 10
Are you still having this issue? We're cluster 1 or 3 (always forget since they changed us). And it was fixed at like 7:15am today for us (US Mountain Time).

Level 6
Good Afternoon Everyone. Thank you all for reporting this issue and for your comments. We have executed a fix for this issue today and the log time functionality on a task should be functioning normally at this time. If you are still seeing the issue, we would recommend logging out/in of your Workfront instance and clearing cache to make sure no residual session could be affecting the behavior. If, after this, you are still seeing it, please contact our Support team via the "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us">Workfront Support site or by calling us at (844)306-HELP(4357) where we will be happy to assist. Thank you. Trevor Pierce Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 8
The only way I know of is to not add any groupings to the report. Adina