Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Can't have task name 'contains' and 'doesn't contain' filter in same report?

Community Advisor

Hi all, I have a task report that I want to use a task name 'contains' filter AND also a task name 'does not contain' filter so that I'm pulling in certain tasks, but not a certain (consistent) iteration of that task name. When I added the 'does not contain' filter, it overrides the existing 'contains' filter. Is it true I can't have a contains and does not contain in a report?? 

I also tried using an OR filter set for all the same other filters and 1 set with the 'contains' and the other set with the 'does not contain' and not pulling what I need. Is there a way in text mode or something I can have these different task name filters? 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hello Madalyn,

I can confirm the described behaviour, that adding a second filter on the name does remove the first one.

You can try to achieve it using Text mode (here to show tasks which names contain keyword1 but not keyword2 )

name=keyword1
name_Mod=cicontains
AND:1:name=keyword2
AND:1:name_Mod=cinotcontains

Regards

Lars

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hello Madalyn,

I can confirm the described behaviour, that adding a second filter on the name does remove the first one.

You can try to achieve it using Text mode (here to show tasks which names contain keyword1 but not keyword2 )

name=keyword1
name_Mod=cicontains
AND:1:name=keyword2
AND:1:name_Mod=cinotcontains

Regards

Lars

Community Advisor

Thanks a bunch, that worked!

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )