Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Can't enter text in a column in a report

Level 4

I have a report where we assign users to a task/project by clicking in a column/box, typing their name, and then saving by clicking out of the report area.  Just recently we've lost the ability to be able to type in that column/box with no explanation, it just quit working.  

Anyone have an idea why?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

I'd definitely submit a ticket then. If it was a custom form item, i could see an error where maybe that form didn't apply to the task or something if someone wasn't using the right template but the user field should just work. Doesn't sound like it's become a stacked column either. So, yea I'd put a ticket in. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 5

Not seeing that on our end. Out of curiosity, how long has it been since you cleared your Chrome/Edge cache? We had an issue a few weeks ago where that solve the issue for us. 

Level 4

Just cleared them on Monday along with an update to Chrome.  This issue popped up a few months ago but was brought to my attention earlier this week.  Using different browsers didn't help either.

Correct answer by
Level 5

I'd definitely submit a ticket then. If it was a custom form item, i could see an error where maybe that form didn't apply to the task or something if someone wasn't using the right template but the user field should just work. Doesn't sound like it's become a stacked column either. So, yea I'd put a ticket in. 

Community Advisor

Yes, if it's a custom field make sure the form that field is on is actually attached to your object.

Previously if you filled in a field on a report and the corresponding form wasn't attached to the object, Workfront would auto-attach a form that contained that field (I believe it would pick the most recently edited form if the field was on more than 1 form).

I have noticed in the past few months, it doesn't seem to auto-attach that missing form anymore. I just haven't had a frequent enough problem with it to bother submitting a ticket.

Level 10

Eeek, did we lose the auto-attach? I rely on that for at least one process to save users from the trouble (saves quite a few steps).

Level 10

Hi @JustinWa2,

Longshot, but if you add the same column to a view (or report) twice, only the first, from left to right, will allow editing.

Regards,

Doug