Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can I upload a native PowerPoint file (.pptx) to ProofHQ with speaker notes viewable? without uploading as a PDF

Level 2

A large part of our day to day process is reviewing PowerPoint decks with speaker notes (or other information) in the slide notes. In order for a reviewer to see the speaker notes I have to export the PowerPoint as a PDF when uploading a new Proof. This causes a version control issue because when the writer of the deck goes to download the file it is a PDF file instead of the PowerPoint version. As of now I am uploading the same PowerPoint version as the PDF version that was uploaded, as an attached comment.

Is there a way to upload a PowerPoint to Proof in its native PowerPoint format, and be able to view the speaker notes?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Employee

Hi Charlie,

At this time, Workfront does not support proofing PPTs with Speaker notes; but it is something we are working on.

Best,

Hannah

Level 4

Hi Hannah,

Should we post this in the innovation lab or no since WF is already working on it?

Thank you!

Level 2

Hi Hannah,

Do you happen to know when this might be ready for a release? You say that you're working on it, but are talking 2021? 2022?

Thank you!

Employee

Hi everyone,

My sincere apologies: it looks like I misunderstood the communication I got from the team over this area. The ability to proof PPTs with speaker notes is not currently on our roadmap. I would encourage you to post this on the Innovation Lab if you think this functionality would greatly improve your experience with the platform!

Kind regards,

Hannah

Level 4

Thank you and hi everyone!

I found the idea on the innovation lab here: https://one.workfront.com/s/idea/0874X000000sYmIQAU/detail

Title: Upload a Native PowerPoint File (*.pptx) to ProofHQ with Speaker Notes Viewable

Please upvote and share so we can have more upvotes as this is the only way to get this noticed by the Workfront Team.

Thank you!