Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can I report on changes to custom fields at the project-level using the Notes object?

Level 10
Hello, I've tried to create a Notes report using the "Audit Text" field with a 'contains' condition to show me changes to a project-level custom field, but nothing seems to be pulling through. Is this because it's a custom field? Regards, Jamie Jamie Hill JLL EMEA
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

25 Replies

Level 10
I tried in the Sandbox Preview environment for 2017.3 Beta 1 in a vain hope it would be fixed... and it wasn't :(( Jamie Hill JLL EMEA

Level 10
Hi all, If you're handy with the API you can actually query the journal object and get all the data. A sample query is as follows (of course, add in the relevant object ID or search parameters and your API key): https://yourinstance.my.workfront.com/attask/api/v7.0/jrnle/search?project:ID=aaa123&fields=*&apiKey... We use this type of query to source the data so we can send alerts to users when certain kinds of changes are made to particular fields by particular people on particular kinds of tasks/projects. We use Azuqua to run the queries on schedule and send the alerts. An example of the JSON-formatted data returned for one of these journal entries is as follows. You can see the fieldName which was changed, along with the changeType and what the oldTextVal and newTextVal were for this example of a custom field edit on a task. Of course, it would be preferable if Workfront just fix the report which so many of us need! :) David Cornwell

Level 10
David, thank you for this. I think we might need to do so for certain types of tracking.

Level 10
@Narayan Raum , @Admin Kelly-Wehrmann I received an email from support that they've finally fixed this but I'm still having trouble seeing a tracked user custom field in my reports. Did you guys receive a fix email as well? Does it work for you? While I've already created a different solution using API (using David's suggestion) and programming, I hesitate to let this support issue go under the radar just because other admins might have a use for it. Polly Co

Level 10
I retested my reports and tracked fields are not include in the notes report. It sounds like some false hope was delivered. Narayan Raum SunTrust Banks (Data Governance BIO)