Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Can I filter a task report using a program custom field value?

Level 3

Hello,

We have a custom field at the program level called "Product Category". I have a task report that I'd like to apply a filter to, so that the only tasks that are displayed in this report are those within projects within programs where program.Product Category = [somevalue]. Since I cannot access program level fields from a task report in the field picker, is there a way to utilize this field as a filter somehow in text mode?

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Corey Beavers‚ This can be done, however, you must use EXISTS in text mode. So, if you were to create a task report, select the Filters tab and then switch to text mode and paste the following:

EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=PROJ

EXISTS:1:DE:program:Product Category="Some Value"

EXISTS:1:ID=FIELD:projectID

If you have any questions, let me know!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Corey Beavers‚ This can be done, however, you must use EXISTS in text mode. So, if you were to create a task report, select the Filters tab and then switch to text mode and paste the following:

EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=PROJ

EXISTS:1:DE:program:Product Category="Some Value"

EXISTS:1:ID=FIELD:projectID

If you have any questions, let me know!

Level 3

Thank you, Nichole. That did the trick!