Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can I customize a Grouping Name with form field data?

Level 4
I am trying to add a client code to a Grouping Header. I have created a custom form for the data that I want added to my report Grouping and the data has been populated in the project...just trying to figure out how to add this to my grouping. Any ideas?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Joanne, So as I understand it, you want to group a list of tasks (either in the Project, or on a Task Report) based on a Task Custom Field called 'Client Code'. Is that correct, or is there more to it? Regards, David

Level 4
It's a Task report and the custom grouping which is created in text mode is where I am having the problem. I am looking to combine two groupings together so I do not have a hierarchy of drop downs. I would like to limit it to 2. Currently, I have Portfolio, Project, and code. I would like to combine the Project Name and Project code groupings into one grouping. Please note: the code is populating from a custom form. Here is the text of the current grouping: textmode=true group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn group.0.displayname=Portfolio Name group.0.namekeyargkey.0=project group.0.namekeyargkey.1=name group.0.linkedname=project group.0.valuefield=project:portfolio:name group.0.valueformat=string group.1.namekeyargkey.0=project group.1.namekeyargkey.1=name group.1.displayname=Project Name group.1.namekey=view.relatedcolumn group.1.valuefield=project:name group.1.linkedname=project group.1.valueformat=string group.2.valuefield=project:EOS Code group.2.linkedname=project group.2.valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString group.2.namekeyargkey.0=project group.2.namekeyargkey.1=EOS Code group.2.namekey=view.relatedcolumn Any help is welcome!

Level 10
Hi Joanne, I know of a way to do it, using a custom (calculated) field. If you are not familiar with calculated fields, you just need to add the field on a project custom form, give the field a suitable name (e.g. ProjectEOS) and use the following in the calculation box: CONCAT(Name,"-",EOS Code) Once this is applied to your projects and has produced a concatenation of the Project Name and EOS Code, you can then group by this field. So, to get your desired two level grouping, you would group by Portolio and then by this calculated field. I am not aware of there being any pure reporting-based solution to combine two groupings into one but am interested to hear if there is. Hope the above helps anyway :) Regards, David

Level 4
Thanks David! I will try this out (will dig through my advance reporting notes for assistance) and let you know how it goes. :)