Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can I build a report or custom view to find what requests/projects templates are used on?

Level 3

I am hoping someone might have some ideas that I'm overlooking. I have custom templates that a team admin in my company has created in the past. The current team admin wants to deprecate some of these templates and migrate info tied to the old ones onto the new. I want to update a view on a custom report I have, or possibly build a report to see where these templates are being used, but when I go to build a new report or view, I can't seem to find these templates in the dropdown under Templates. I can find a host of others, but not the ones I'm looking for. Is this normal, or is there something else that I need to look at? Or is it even possible to find these templates through a report or view?

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

Sample of templates that I need to findSample of templates that I need to findWhen I create a new view, the sample template doesn't show up anywhere.When I create a new view, the sample template doesn't show up anywhere.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I think you might be looking in the wrong place, the name does not show on the left panel those are the fields associated with the template. Create a new project report, go to the filters tab, and add a Template ID filter or Template>Name filter and you should see the names there. See screenshot.Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 4.57.44 PM.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 2

Hi there,

To view where the templates were used just create a project report and filter with Template>Name. You should be able to get a list of projects that used the templates you picked. For the view, just add Template>Name as a column and you should see the name of the template used for each project in the view. 

Level 3

So, that's where the hang-up happens. When I filter by Template name, regardless if I type the templates you see in my original post into the search bar or scroll for them, they aren't showing up at all in the drop-down at all. Not under the team admin's account or my own global admin account. Do I need to switch to text mode and code that filtering in? If that's the case, I am clueless as to how to do that. I'm still very new to adminning our Workfront instance, and I inherited a mess.

Correct answer by
Level 2

I think you might be looking in the wrong place, the name does not show on the left panel those are the fields associated with the template. Create a new project report, go to the filters tab, and add a Template ID filter or Template>Name filter and you should see the names there. See screenshot.Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 4.57.44 PM.png

Level 3

Awesome! This was exactly what I was needing. Thanks a ton, I really appreciate the help.

Level 7

New Report -> Template Report

Only show me templates in which the template is active

Columns - customize as needed