Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can custom view be enforced on public shared report (via link)?

Level 1
We have a need to share a custom report, with a custom view. When sharing the report using the public link, the report only displays the default view, which is not useful to us. How can we share a report with a custom view, using the public link?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 7
I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying you want the public recipient to be able to change the view from the report default view to a different view? I don't think you can do that with a public report, however, why don't you change the default view to the one you want the recipient to see?

Level 1
Thank you responding Greg. We are sharing, via public link, a report. We would like the gantt chart to be displayed by default, and preferably to prevent the recipient from changing the view. I have been unable to find any references on how to change a report default view, nor how to expose the gantt chart functionality in a public report.

Level 7
Sorry I'm just getting around to this post now, and unfortunately I don't have a good answer for you. I don't know that you can send a public report and have them see the Gantt chart view. You can change the view though - just create whatever view you want for the report (except for Gantt if sending public) and then under the Report Settings, uncheck the box that says, "Allow View to be changed on the report".