Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Can a None Workfront User See ANY Report via Send To?

Level 10
Is there any workaround for me to show a report to an external user of Workfront - who no Workfront userid using the send to function? Benetta Perry APS
8 Replies

Level 10
I usually tell them to use the attached file rather than the link. (the attachment can be sent as an excel, HTML or PDF, and I usually find out what format they want and set up deliveries using that) -skye

Level 10
Skye, I was hoping this worked - but the attached file is created using the report default view - which does not show the report created - i've opened an exchange idea on this - as this is a bad design - the attachment needs to show what I just created using the (filter/view/group) options used - not all report default options. Any other suggestions? Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
is this that Milestones question again? I just don't believe that you can send a report using the Milestone view. Can you use Jason's collections session to create a similar milestone view and send that instead? -skye

Level 10
PS: the report on slide 27 should send nicely as a PDF. -skye

Level 10
Skye, ok - looking at slide 27 right now - will try to reproduce this after lunch, send out externally, as a test, then if this works - show to the executives for approval - Thanks. Stay Tuned. Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
Hi Bennetta, You might consider (carefully) creating a >Public Share for the report in question, and " generate a URL that can be shared with others. Anyone with the URL can access the report, without having a Workfront license." Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 10
Doug, I did this - the resulting report - did not show my filter/view/group but the default reporting views - again - I've opened a ticket on this. Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
Finally got this working - using the collections report (thanks skye) - from the Leap 2019 - excellent solution. Benetta Perry APS