Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Seeking Advice on Request Queue/Custom Form setup for External Vendor

Level 9
We're creating a request queue to send print requests to our vendor. Those requests will ultimately need to fulfilled and mailed out to one of a few hundred reps we work with. What we're looking for is an easy way to include each rep's mailing address so our requestors don't need to manually enter an address every time, and have it formatted in such a way that it would make sense as a mailing label: Rep Name Street Address City, State Zip Ideally the phone number would be included as well since FedEx requires it for a mailing label. Has anyone done something similar or have any ideas on how to solve this? Thanks! Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group
2 Replies

Level 9
Are you looking to actually send output from WF to a local printer to produce the labels (IE via a HP LaserJet printer, not a Printing company?) And you want it kicked off via a request submission? if yes -- All I could think of is maybe - creating a Project Template - with a custom form for each field in your label. And then with gasp... Kickstart have it upload all of your metadata into the aforementioned custom form etc.... And then from the request create a project via the Template and then output the results? Just typing this has me seeing issues. BUT I could see it working once the QA process is done. That said I'm sure there is a better way John Seitz DTCI | Disney | ESPN

Level 9
So this is what I'm thinking. You can create a report that displays the information you're looking for in a print-friendly format. The report can then be embedded on a dashboard, then embedded into a tab on the project. This is an example of a result to copy and paste into (for our purposes) e-mail. It's driven from this data supplied by the requester. If you have the addresses embedded in a directory online, you can choose to make that a link to a dashboard and users can copy and paste the data into the form itself. I'm not sure how you would get the remaining information populated from one drop-down or choice - to my knowledge that is a function not yet available. Edit: Technically if you created a description field for every rep, you could have a drop down choose to 'display' that description field based on choice. Then, it would be text and you can copy/paste/format as needed. So, if John Smith was selected, the John_Smith_description would display. A lot of descriptions and logic having to be built to get that to work but....would work i would think.