Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Calling all Kanban Users!!

Level 4
What is the purpose of the 'new' column on the Kanban board? Is there a WF definition of what tasks should be in this column? How do tasks end up in th is column? Sana Perry National Heritage Academies, Inc.
4 Replies

Level 10
The New column is also referred to as the "to-do" or "requested" - so the items from your backlog that you're ready to begin work on. This is also where the 'parent story' lives - if you break a story/task out into sub-tasks, the 'parent' remains in the New column. Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 4
Thank you, Katherine! So, (thinking out loud:)) you would move an item from the backlog to the new column when the backlog is "viewed" on the board. But how would you get a story to the new column if you don't have the backlog showing? Sana Perry National Heritage Academies, Inc.

Level 10
I use Scrum, not Kanban but I found this on the support site here: Navigate to the backlog of the agile team. Select the stories you want to move to an iteration or Kanban board, then click More > Move to . If moving the story to a Kanban board, the Move Story to the Kanban Board is displayed. If moving the story to an iteration, the Move Story to an Iteration dialog box is displayed. Do either of the following: For Scrum teams: In the Select Iteration field, select the iteration where you want to move the stories. For Kanban teams: In the Select Kanban Board field, select your team Kanban board. (Kanban teams can have only one Kanban board.) Click Move Story . Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 4
Thanks for this!! Sana Perry National Heritage Academies, Inc.