Expand my Community achievements bar.

Calculated Expression for Totaling Date and Time

Level 4
Hi All, Having some trouble here. I am trying to create either a calculated field or a text mode formula (preferably a calculated expression) that will provide the following. We have an Outage Tracker (issues) and we capture in a custom field "Date and Time Began" and "Date and Time Resolved". We want to be able to calculate to total outage time via a calculated expression and I cannot get it to work. As you can see, I created a Date Field and selected the option to Display Time of Day. I did the same for Date and Time Resolved. When completing this field in the issue, they select date and time for both. Here are my attempts to create a calculated expression to calculate the total disruption time: I have also tried to calculate hours by using the calculation, "HOUR(Date and Time Began,Date and Time Resolved)" What on earth am I doing wrong? No data populates. I have also tried to create the formula in a report using text mode. This has to be doable, right? Jaclyn Reiter, PMP, SA Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives Equifax, Inc. St. Louis, MO 314-684-2693
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 8
Try using Number as your Format for the calculation instead of Date/Time. Adina Pierce

Level 4
Now that worked. I knew I was being a doofus on this, but I had serious brain block. Thanks for solving this for me! Jaclyn Reiter, PMP, SA Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives Equifax, Inc. St. Louis, MO 314-684-2693