Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Calculated Expression - Difference Between Planned and Actual Hours (View)

Level 8
Does anyone know the expression required to show the difference between the planned and actual hours on a project and on a task as a view? I am trying to add this to a view on the projects global nav tab and on individual projects, but I can't get it to work. The API seems to have a lot of options for hours, so it I'm probably using the wrong fields and / or my text mode is incorrect because the "Hours Difference" column is returning some weird numbers. Any insight is appreciated! Sydney Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 7
Hi @Sydney Peterson , I found this text mode in the Community at some point but cannot remember where or who had posted it...I had saved it for future use and now hopefully this helps you out. In your Projects View, add a column, switch to text mode and add the below. displayname=Hours Difference textmode=true valueexpression=({workRequired}-{actualWorkRequired})/60 valueformat= This will give you the difference between the Project's Planned Hours and the Project's Actual Hours. I just tested this out creating a Project View myself, and it seemed to work. If a Project has more Actual Hours than Planned Hours, the Hours Difference Column will indicate negative. For example, if Project's Planned Hours were 2, but the Project's Actual Hours were 5, then the Hours Difference Column would indicate -3.0. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services