Expand my Community achievements bar.

Calculated Custom Field: Team based on Template used in Project

Level 4

We have certain Project Templates for each team to use. I am trying to produce a calculated field in a Project Custom Form that shows me that if ABC template is used, it = X Team. I want to show multiple templates = 1 team so that I can pull this field into a report to group them easily.

Here is my expression for one:

IF("58da927f00083cd885a9d90d206ed9ef"=Template.ID,"Design and Production","") This works great and produces the result I want, but I have more than one template that is used for Design and Production.

My questions are these:

#1) Is there a way to create an expression that includes more than one template for each "Team" and #2) is there an easier way to be doing this?

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

You might be better off just putting a field in the template's custom form (e.g. "Team Selected") and selecting that as you build the template. If you put it in a section that is only editable by the system admin, you'll lessen the chance anyone else might clear it or edit it.

The reason I suggest this is that it is going to be a pain in the butt to have to edit that calculated field every time you build out a new template or create a new team. Less of a pain to edit the Team Selected field.

In general though, yes, you can create an expression, that looks something like this:

IF(field="xxx","do this thing", "otherwise do this other thing")

In your case, it would go:

IF(field="xxx","team 1", IF(field="yyy", "team 2",""))

and so on, where there two last quotes are filled by another field ID and team name. You can also experiment with "IFIN" as shown here: https://one.workfront.com/s/article/Calculated-data-expressions-679086747

Level 4

Thanks, Skye! You are always so helpful. I appreciate the quick response. I was thinking about doing a field in the template custom form... I think that might be easier.

Level 10

I concur, Skye -- excellent points...and was about to write up similar advice, but luckily, saw your post before I did so, which takes me to...

@Kyna Baker - inactive‚ although I received Heather's original question via email, neither Skye's response nor Heather's subsequent reply came through via email. What setting can I change to ensure that all responses to any threads (including my own) are also emailed in real time, as per Classic Community?

Regards,

Doug

On that note @Kyna Baker - inactive‚ - is there somewhere we should be providing feedback on the new community? I got my first Weekly Digest (I used to be on daily and now i'm not sure how to change that either) - is there any way it can display the full text of the comments in the email? I like to read through these, but now if I click on more, I go directly to the post and I'm having to do this for each post individually.

Employee

Hi Sarah, just tagging me is giving me feedback on the community and I'm keeping track of it. You can also direct message me if you'd like! To change your subscription status you can complete the onboarding, or you can go to the top of this page to the right of the group image and there is a little email with a drop down for you to change your digest frequency. The digests do get cut off after a few characters, so to read the full post you'll have to click into the community for now. We're keeping track of all the feedback and will continue to make updates over time.

Level 7

Thanks Kyna! I did the onboarding which explained a lot - sorry I missed that!

Employee

Of course! I'm here to help. I know this is new so it will take some playing around to get used to, so feel free to reach out with questions! I'm glad the onboarding helped!