Expand my Community achievements bar.

Calculated Custom Data Field

Level 10
Hi, I need help with creating Calculating Custom Data field.. Is there a way to create Calcualted Custom Field which would calculated for me Actual Hours logged to a project last month? I know there is similar fields in database already, but it doesn't do what i need it to do. Plus i can't find calculation for it anywhere.. Anyone could help? Thanks.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Dagmara, If you just need "the number" of Actual Hour for a Project, I'd suggest you build an Hours-based Matrix report, grouped by Project vertically, and Endry Date (by Month) horizontally, and consider adding prompts to it for Project and Entry Date (range). If you then decide to store that number in a Project level custom data field (eg Hours Last Month), since "you can't go up" in Workfront reporting, you can manually type it in, or consider using our UberCalc solution, which could do so automatically, among many other interesting things. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Hi Doug, thanks. I have tried matrix already with same options you mentioned. The trouble is I've got loads of projects which got '0' ActualHoursLastMonth, which i would like to get rid off. In addition, as I mentioned in another post, I was hoping to get it in descending order. That's why I though creating calculating field which tell me how many Actual Hours was entered last month would be best options for me.