Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Actual Hours Last Month

Level 10
Did anyone come to the issue when some field found through API Explorer wasn't working? I'm trying to pull project report with Actual Hours Last Month and limit it by Filters but it says 'Invalid parameter..' I've attached screenshots to make it clearer. Any thoughts? I've come to the same issue while doing API search with GET as it didn't recognize this field, evethough it does exist in API Explorer..
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

11 Replies

Level 10
Might it be that the reports are not using API 7 and actualHoursLastMonth is new in API 7? I'm able to do a GET through api if v7.0 is added. https://domain.my.workfront.com/attask/api/v7.0/project/search?status=CUR&fields=actualHoursLastMont... In Reply to Dagmara Garwell:
Did anyone come to the issue when some field found through API Explorer wasn't working? I'm trying to pull project report with Actual Hours Last Month and limit it by Filters but it says 'Invalid parameter..' I've attached screenshots to make it clearer. Any thoughts? I've come to the same issue while doing API search with GET as it didn't recognize this field, evethough it does exist in API Explorer..

Level 10
Thanks! I've changed that for v7.0 and now it works :) but just through API. Can't create a 'normal' report with this fields within Workfront.. But it is abit odd as on API Explorer v4.0, that field does appear on the list tho..

Level 10
Have you tired to sort it or filter it by something? I was trying to filter it by Actual Hours Last Month greater than 0 and sort it in desc order, but my commands won't work for som reason..

Level 10
Looks like it's not something you can search with. If you do something similiar eg https://domain.my.workfront.com/attask/api/v7.0/project/search?status=CUR&fields=*, actualHoursLastMonth does not show up as one of the fields so I am starting to think that only fields that come up with the * are searchable parameters.

Level 10
Hi Polly. Good news (kind of)...it is possible to query the actualHoursLastMonth, like this: https://domain.my.workfront.com/attask/api/v7.0/project/search?status=CUR&fields=actualHoursLastMont... The actualHoursLastMonth is what's called a LAZY READ field, which -- although I couldn't find an internet reference worth citing -- is effectively a field so new, rare, and/or large that the API authors (intentionally) exclude it from the fields=* results: you have to explicitly name it, to get it. In Workfront's case, the actualHoursLastMonth is included in the metadata (e.g. https://domain . my.workfront .com/attask/api/v7.0/project/metadata), and -- now that you know -- the LAZY_READ flag indicates that you have to mention it by name to get the results (as do many other "interesting" items). Enjoy exploring with your new map! Regards, Doug

Level 10
Doug, The links that you shared in your last post do not work for me.....

Level 10
Hey Kelly, Thanks; I've double checked them against a client environment and they both worked as I expected. I did, however, neglecte to point out that you'll need change the "domain" part of each link to your real Workfront domain, though -- perhaps that will help. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Thanks Doug! That's what I get for not paying attention....I just copied/pasted the link and ran with it! LOL! Sorry!

Level 10
Hi Doug, I actually have that as my first response to Dagmara but she wanted to filter by actualHoursLastMonth which I've not been able to do so my reference is that maybe fields that don't show when queried with field=* are not parameters you can filter with eg ?actualHoursLastMonth=0&actualHoursLastMonth_Mod=gt even search?actualHoursLastMonth=0 won't work...

Level 10
Thanks for clarifying, Polly -- yes, I agree: yah canna search on the LAZY_READ fields, I believe. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Thanks all for reply. I expected it. Needless to say it's a bit rubbish you cannot do everything with this. Yes i wanted to filter my report by actualHoursLastMonth or at least be able to sort it in descending order but cannot do it either...