Expand my Community achievements bar.

Burndown or Utilization Report <not screens>

Level 2

Been trying to create what should be a simple or common report, but oddly enough i'm not seeing the fields needed.  

Scenario and Logic: We typically have many people listed as assigned to a single a task with their respective planned hours, which neatly rolls up a sum of their planned hours to the single task.   These staff members typically each have a unique primary job role as well.  

Report: using a Hours Report to showcase which job role collected actual hours within a project. Which works as planned.   BUT the need is to show value by comparing planned hours vs actuals. And not sure if I am missing the correct field here, but planned hours field only pulls the task in whole not the associated and planned time to the person/role.  Which makes the report useless.  

Additionally will want to use the same data/report base to show utilization if a particular role is over 100% or any given percentage value.  Some of this can be obtained via the Utilization modules BUT for leadership and even Group PMs a report would be required.   

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi John -

Here is what I have done - hopefully it helps.

I created an assignment report and added in a text mode column that pulls in Actual Hours. This should pull the actual hours for that task broken out by assignee with their allocated planned hours and how many hours they've logged against that assignment.

aggregator.displayformat=minutesAsHoursString
aggregator.function=SUM
aggregator.namekey=Actual Hours
aggregator.valuefield=actualWorkCompleted
aggregator.valueformat=compound
displayname=Actual Hours
linkedname=direct
namekey=actualWorkCompleted
querysort=actualWorkCompleted
textmode=true
valuefield=actualWorkCompleted
valueformat=compound
viewalias=actualWorkCompleted

KellieGardner_0-1665602871973.png

Level 2

Kellie - thank you for the example...  Still pulling in zero hours oddly... I'll have to dig into the scrip a bit I assume maybe due to type of hours?   Also have you had any success pulling in the Portfolio and or Brand tables into the Assignment report schema? 

Community Advisor

I would verify your users are logging time at the task level and not the project level. If they are logging time at the task level this code should work in an assignment report. If they are logging time at the project level, this report type won't work since it's really about work assigned to them. We have our system set so users can only log time on tasks and not projects to keep reports like this functioning.

I'm not a huge fan of the hours report since it pulls a line item for each time hours were logged and you can't group it by source in a meaningful way(only by type) but that will be able to pull in task and project hours for you, just not as useful in counting planned vs actual.

Pulling in the Portfolio Name can be accomplished by using the dataset portfolio ID and then editing in text mode by changing project:portfolioID to project:portfolio:name. If you are trying to get custom data or other values that might be text mode as well. If your "brand" data is custom you might have to use some text mode as well.