Expand my Community achievements bar.

Bulk Edit Idea for Upvote - if useful to you also...

Level 5
Hi All, This may already by out there....but, something I came across recently.... https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000XhXNAA0/detail - pain point on bulk editing custom form on an object... thanks! Miranda Rais GVC
3 Replies

Level 10
Yes!! Upvoted! Just to overtly show people what this one is, this is when you want to bulk edit a form in objects (for me it was projects). But if you select 20 objects and the form is only on 10 of them, you can't do the edit and you can't even add the form. You could add a NEW form, but not the one that is on some of the objects. So you have to back out of the edit, write a report to find out which objects are missing the form (which isn't as straight forward as you would think), add it to them, then re-do your bulk edit. I've run across this a few times in the last couple of months. Very cumbersome. The desired behavior would be to let it add the form to the missing ones, then all the change to all the forms. At least that's what I think is being requested here. Here it is in the words of the Idea: Real Pain Point - pls direct me to anyone that has raised this - Bulk Editing a Custom Form on an object Usercase - I want to bulk edit and add a custom form to an object. Problem - I can't filter to only the objects missing that custom form, if there is more than one custom form attached - I need to create a column for Categories>>ID and then manually select and edit the objects in that list - with 000's of objects this is very time consuming... Problem - I can't just select ALL and re-add the custom form, as if the custom form appears on some of the objects and not all, then the custom form does not appear in the list - this makes sense where there is data in the custom form that matters if is is overwritten - but, I want to do this for a calculated field only custom form and therefore, it won't impact any of the data if it is re-added and re-calculated.

Level 5
Exactly Vic! ty :) Miranda Rais GVC

Community Advisor
Upvoted! I run into this all too often.