Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Bulk Attach Custom Form To Documents

Level 3

Does anyone know of a way to select multiple documents and attach a custom from like you can for issues/projects?

I've tried a document report, within the documents area, and within the project the documents are housed in and I don't see it as an option. 

4 Replies

Community Advisor

If I recall correctly, this can't be done. You can use fusion (or probably see if the good folks at AtApp Store can do it for you), otherwise through a document report the fastest way is to put a checkbox field on the document form (I don't really care what you call it) and expose that column in a view, and then inline edit and check it line by line.

Thanks for the tag, @skyehansen: right you are!

@Miranda_Davis, I invite you to consider our Excel Updater solution, via which you could export the document IDs of interest to Excel, add a second column with the categoryID (custom form) of interest, and then upload in order to attach that custom form on mass. With form then attached, in a second pass, you could then also update the data via Excel in a similar fashion

Regards,

Doug

Do you know of a way to bulk edit those document forms once attached? 

There's no native feature to bulk update documents, @Miranda_Davis, but as I mentioned, a "second pass" via Excel Updater can then do so.

Regards,

Doug