Expand my Community achievements bar.

Best way to show progress on project using parent/child tasks

Level 10
hi folks, happy Friday. I'm currently mulling over best ways to report on a project for a team of 2 people. There are about 100 tasks that are can be assigned to one of the two people. They have been arranged into groups: Parent Task 1 -Child Task A -Child Task B -Child Task C Parent Task 2 -Child Task D -Child Task E -Child Task F and so on. The Child tasks are waterfall, and the Parent tasks group them together as related tasks. Obviously they are using the project template as a checklist to make sure that all tasks are completed before the project is considered "complete." Today, I'm looking for ideas on what reports would make sense as progress reports that show this to them as they work and also as a report to their management. I would like them to be able to report on each project's progress in a representation of the checklist, so I might end up playing around with ways to represent each child task in relation to its parent. (I'll probably be looking to see if I can somehow group by parent) Even though their manager is not in Workfront, I'd also like to be able to make an executive dashboard that shows all projects of this type and the open "to-do's" on each. etc. Does anyone have anything I can look at that is in this vein? Thanks! -skye
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
PS: The grouping by Parent task is working really well, but some way to show how many tasks have been completed in the blue bar would be great -skye

Level 10
Hi Skye, I'd suggest adding average percent complete to your report view, so it would then roll up to the blue bar. Regards, Doug

Level 10
oops, thanks for the reminder Doug. :) Guess my brain went on weekend mode faster than usual... -skye