Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Best way to report on deactivation date?

Level 6

I am reporting on all new users w/ paid licenses YTD across BUs, but I also want to report on deactivated users YTD across BUs. I see scheduled deactivation date as an option, but nothing else.

Is there a way to report on when user's were deactivated?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi Catherine,

Practically (and perhaps even technically), I would use the Last Update Date as a proxy, assuming the last action taken on any given deactivated user was "to deactivate them".

Regards,

Doug

Hey Doug,

For that "Last Update Date" value in the Report example, are you using the "User>>Last Update Date" value or a different one? When I ran a Report using the "User>> Last Update Date" value, it returned dates that were in some cases years prior to their last Update comment/last login.

Wondering if I'm using the wrong column value. It is somewhat annoying that "Deactivation Date" isn't a standard value that be selected/displayed.

Thanks!

-Peter

Level 10

Hi Peter,

Sounds like you have the right field (User > Last Update Date), but perhaps the act of Deactivating might not have triggered the Last Update Date for at least some cases. One explanation could be that when a new user is created, it's technically not fully active until the first time its used to log in to Workfront (i.e. with the "Welcome! Change your password..." dialog). Perhaps the Last Update doesn't trigger on those users who never took that step. If you're curious, you could likely do a few tests with New User 1, New User 2, etc. and perhaps spot the pattern.

Regards,

Doug

Hey Doug,

Is that "User >> Last Update Date" value tracking the last time an Update comment was made on that User's "User Record" Object and not the last time they made an Update comment on a different WF Object (Project, Document, etc)?

-Peter

Level 10

Hi Peter,

Ehm...you had me wondering, so I ran some tests, and confirmed that the User > Last Update Date (as I expected, and as per other Objects) records the last time the User itself was updated, such as updating their Title or (circularly) adding an update to themselves (which might be what you're seeing). Conversely, when that same user makes an update "elsewhere" (e.g. under a Document, which was how I tested it), the User > Last Update Date is unchanged.

Regards,

Doug

Hi Doug,

That's what I was thinking, thanks for confirming!

-Peter