Expand my Community achievements bar.

Best time to introduce proof to a project?

Level 5

We are trying to get user adoption on Proof, after a few months of using Document Approvals. (We suggested Proof last summer, but it was rejected.)

This question has come up now that Proof is potentially back in the mix: at one point does one start using Proof as a tool for collaboration/feedback? My INSTINCT is that it's when the document is at least mostly ready for primetime, in some layout that could be presented to the intended audience. It does NOT seem ideal for non-PPT Microsoft tools, where Teams or Track Changes would be more appropriate for back and forths.

Any insight to support this suspicion based on your own use would be helpful, thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Ryan,

I suspect the sweet spot will vary from one organization to another (so trust your instinct), but for a peek over the fence at one of your neighbor's greener grass...

Since January we've been helping one of our clients tighten their integration with Workfront Proof so that they can use it starting a Conception: a requestor gets a glint in their eye, submits a request with the very first napkin scratch attached as a doc, attaches a Proof template, and Let's The Games Begin, tracking even revisions to the napkin scratch until it either dies on the vine, or gets promoted to a Real Thing (i.e. Project or Task).

Regards,

Doug

Level 3

Ryan,

Typically it comes into play for us when we have a formatted report or other documents. We use it first between editors and designers to be sure everything was implemented properly, then send another proof for client review.

We've appreciated the version control and the ability to compare two versions of the same document side by side. Our teams love it, and there would be much pain if we tried to take it away now.

I'd be happy to talk more if it would be helpful. It's truly a great tool.

Dave

Level 10

Most of our brand groups only route late-stage/final artwork in Workfront Proof (WFP), and all "internal review" is done offline.

One brand group also does their internal review in WFP.

We are a design agency using solely PDFs for routings.

So really, it's going to be a mix of "what do I want/need to do" vs. "what is WFP able to do"