Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Best Practices for Creative Services Reporting

Level 1
Are any of you using Workfront for Creative Services? Can you recommend any best practices for reports that will highlight our team's performance? Would love to start a quarterly report to show to upper level staff. What metrics do you pull? Thanks in advance! Kim
6 Replies

Level 3
I was the CS traffic manager at the last company I was with & helped implement WF for our group - We had a "first draft delivery" task that we would pull reports on for our on time delivery to the project manager (final due date wasn't a true CS metric, as there was a lot of back and forth between designer & pm, so depending on how long the pm took to review, that due date could get pushed/be late). We also pulled reports on final due dates that were due the prior week and not yet completed, as a reminder to PMs to either update their final delivery date or we could delve into why it was off track (did someone just forget to mark the task complete?). I'm not sure if you have any rush job categorization on your intake, but that was a big issue for us - PM's requesting jobs due in 2 days for a big show, that would derail other projects that complied with standard SLAs. So we had some reports that called out # of rush jobs/week and month & the reason (we had 5 stock rush reasons - executive ask, event, product launch, etc) and we could see if certain PMs or groups were consistently asking for rush jobs & address the issues. Winfield Dean Intercontinental Hotels Group PLC

Level 2
Hi Kim, I use Workfront for a Creative Services team and run monthly reports for management. Here is what I like to include in our reports: -Total projects completed -Total Hours by team member for the month -Projects completed by category and/or sponsor so we can see where we're devoting our resources -Any highlights such as record breaking stats for projects completed or total hours compared to previous months Hopefully that helps, happy to answer any other questions you may have. Andrilita Rodriguez

Level 2
It all depends on why you started using Workfront and what were you trying to solve. Also, where is your strongest data? If you feel good about your timelines lean on that data or if you feel good about time entry leverage those numbers. Some basics are: If you are doing time entry: % Time on Projects vs %Admin time Hours billed to specific customers Average hours per project Planned Hours vs Actual Hours If Timelines are strong: Average days Kickoff to first delivery to customer Average days Kickoff to Release Average tasks per Project Rounds(depending on how you mark rounds) per Project Michael Petersen Discover Financial Services

Level 2
Can I ask how you track your admin time versus task work time? Is there a way of making, for example a meeting simple for a designer to track? Rob Burns Procore Technologies, Inc.

Level 1
I am a traffic manager for a Creative Services group. I run weekly reports for management on the type of work we do (print, digital, events etc), how our time is being used and for which line of business. We also send reports to our business partners with similar information on their projects. I have run reports on projects we do yearly to show how new processes have saved us time or how long certain project tasks take like concepting, prepress, etc. Shirali Gavaghan BlackRock, Inc.

Level 1
We have a general billable set up for meetings. If its a project specific meeting we have a task set up in the task list for admin work associated with the project. Shirali Gavaghan BlackRock, Inc.