Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Automatically Reject Requests

Level 8

Our requestors sometimes have a bad habit of asking for things too soon. For example, requesting that a packaging label be designed and routed in a week. Our standard time frame is 5 days for design and 5 days for routing. We ask for the routing start date and the go to press date in our request custom forms in a calendar format.

Is there a way to disallow requesters to select anything five working days from the current day on either of these options?

OR is there a way to automatically reject the request when the date they selected is too soon?

I can't see why there wouldn't be a way to do these things, but I have no idea how to do them.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

No, there is no built in mechanism for auto-rejections and I'm glad. A different approach will suffice. ‚If you add instructions to the form with a mandatory "I Understand" checkbox, you essentially force the user to think about what they are submitting. Development of features to replace common sense and critical thinking should be avoided unless that's the goal.

Level 8

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll see if it works.