Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Automatically accept all work

Level 6
Hello- We are running into a major problem. Our users will be assigned about 200 tasks at the start of each project and we don't want them to have to say "work on it" for each one of those. Is there a way to automatically accept all work? Or at least one button to accept all tasks in a project? We will have a revolt if we ask them to do that. Workfront is supposed to be easier for our users! Thanks, Mollie Mollie Shatek JLL
10 Replies

Level 7
Are all those 200 tasks going to be done at the same time/concurrently? In other words, there are no predecessors for any of those 200 tasks? Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 6
No, there are predecessors all over the place. But that doesn't mean that all 200 happen sequentially either. Mollie Shatek JLL

Level 7
Hopefully, I am understanding correctly... If there are predecessors, then only those tasks that are ready for a user to begin would show up in their Work Requests "Ready to Start" tab (not all 200), from which they would click on the Work On It to move it into their Working On tab. Thus, a user's Working On list is populated with only those tasks that were ready from them to start in on and not with tasks that were not. The rest of the tasks would be under "All". A user could view this list at any time to see future tasks assigned to them. The "All" is all tasks that have been assigned to a user but are not ready for the user to work on yet because the tasks have predecessors, are not due to begin w/in two weeks, etc. Workfront automatically moves tasks from "All" to "Ready to Start" when the task is ready to begin. If you have multiple tasks in "Ready to Start", I do not know of a way to bulk accept them, but perhaps someone else knows a workaround for this. --Terry Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 2
I'm with Mollie on this one. I would like a "accept all" button as well (like per project). Our campaigns are set up with a project template that have tasks pre-assigned. We don't use the resource management tool because we have only 1 of everyone and they have to do the task(s) regardless of their workload. Again, these are not one-off work requests, rather pre-assigned in the project (campaign) template. They would rather save time and have the ability to "accept all" per project than accept each task individually. Mollie - did you check the idea exchange? Maybe someone has offered it up... if so then vote on it and let me know so I can too. If it's not there, suggest it so you can start getting votes on it. Giselle Quintero Cross Country Home Services

Level 4
Mollie, I have been on WF for 3 years and this has been one of my top asks for 3 years. We call it bulk acceptance. There are several ideas in the que all with the same end result. I will vote on yours, but can anyone who reads this please find the other requests for the same ask and vote on them too. People may call it something different but we all want the same thing. thanks Samantha Williams GameStop Corp.

Level 4
Here is the "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115001240247-Allow-Option-for-Tasks-to-be-automatically-be-sent-to-Working-On-instead-of-Work-Requests">Idea Exchange ticket for this functionality. About halfway to the vote threshold of getting a response from the product team Andrew Beard - LeapPoint Senior Associate LeapPoint Herndon VA

Level 10
I wanted to share these another idea that are relates to "My Work". Let's vote this up as well! "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115001219407-Task-Status-Change-when-using-Work-on-it-Feature"> https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115001219407-Task-Status-Change-when-using-Wo... Michael Lebowitz Marketing Analyst Michael.Lebowitz@guidewellconnect.com T 904-436-4240 | M 904-200-1364 Fax 904-565-6156 4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy DCC 800-4-272 Jacksonville, FL 32246

Level 6
Thanks Andrew! I've added my vote! Mollie Shatek JLL

Level 2
Bumping this post up for a fresh look - our company is in a similar situation - all tasks for a project are, for the most part, scheduled at once (up to two years in advance), and our resources have never been given a "choice" on whether they want to work on something. They let us know if we happen to assign some odd task that's outside their skillset, otherwise they're expected to do their job lol. So for them to have to click Working On It for every single tasks that gets scheduled with them will drive them mad. Here's the link in Idea Exchange if anyone else would like to upvote: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115001240247-Allow-Option-for-Tasks-to-be-aut... Sandra Ellaneous Thomson Reuters Elite