Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Auto-populate Queue Topic/Groups into Custom Form

Level 5

Is it possible (perhaps with a calculated field) to pull the information selected at the Queue Topic/Group level in a request form, to the custom form? We don't want people to have to duplicate efforts in filling the information out twice, but would like to be able to report on it at a project and/or request level.

Thank you in advance :)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi!

It depends on how many levels you have but you can pull the Queue Topic and the Topic Group above it in an issue report. So you can pull them into a Calculated Field as well if you'd rather do that as well.

In an Issue report:

• Queue Topic Name (you can get in "wizard", but in text mode, change valuefield to queueTopic:name)
  • Parent Topic Group Name, in text mode, change valuefield to queueTopic:parentTopicGroup:name

For Calculated Field on Custom Form:

• Queue Topic Name is Queue Topic.Name
  • Parent Topic Group Name is Queue Topic.Parent Topic Group.Name

Hope this helps :)

Level 5

I tried this one out on our custom forms and it pulled NA rather than the queue topic/topic group name. :(

Level 10

Hi - so since you are seeing N/A, I"m assuming you did the Calculated field on a custom form right? Just out of curiosity, are you looking at a new request or one already there? If it is one already there, did you remember to recalculate expression? It is in the three dots menu by the name of the request/issue.

Level 5

I actually was just able to figure it out on the "request" custom form (yay!) But now can't seem to make it work on the "project" custom form. Basically we just need to have visibility at the project level of what the queue topic/topic group is since that information does not carry over in the project details and need to be able to report on it (at a project level as well)

Thanks for your help on this!

Level 10

OH! Gotcha. Hmmm... WELL.... you might be able to get away with it by cheating. LOL!!

If you do an issue report, you can easily pull in fields for the Resolve Project. This means you can have things like REsolve Project Name, Resolve Project Owner, Resolve Project Planned Completion Date, and Resolve Project Percent Complete, but then add things like Primary Contact, and Queue Topic. that are on the issue.

I've done this trick before and it is great! The only thing that might cause on an issue is if you have any task collections. on the project report. But if it is more straight forward, you should be good.

If you want to get into specifics, but don't want to share info from your instance publicly, message me and we can talk over there. :)

Level 2

I finally figured out why I was seeing N/A in my custom form when I was filling out the request. You have to submit the form for it to actually populate.