Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Auto Create Request from Email

Level 4

Hi Workfront Community,

What will the template look like if an automation is made from an email with a certain subject, to, or body that automatically creates a request or issue in Workfront?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Using Fusion is definitely an option, we don't use it strictly speaking for request intake (not for now at least), but we do read with Fusion received emails and post email responsese as updates on tasks and attached files as docs on tasks.

I can imagine intake being very similar process. I think it is a bit tricky with attachments, I know that we had issues receiving ZIP files, and furthermore any "linked" documents won't get properly uploaded to a request.

As for the exact scenario that will vary depending on your workflow

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I do struggle to understand the question, but you can enable request submission via email in Queue Details tab on project level.

Rafal_Bainie_0-1678751241955.png

target email can be customized only to limited extent as you can see.

• The Subject line of the email becomes the Issue Name.
  • The body of the email becomes the Description of the Issue.
  • If there are any documents attached to the email, those documents are attached to the issue in Workfront.
  • The user who is sending the email becomes the Primary Contact of the new issue in Workfront.
  • The body text of the email cannot exceed 4,000 characters.
  • Email attachments cannot exceed 7 MB total.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/manage-work/requests/create-requests/enable-...

Level 4

Hi Rafal,

Good day,

Yes, but would it be possible to change the intake email? We are going to use our own mailbox and not use @intake1.my.workfront.com. How about doing this in Fusion? What will the scenario look like?

Thank you

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Using Fusion is definitely an option, we don't use it strictly speaking for request intake (not for now at least), but we do read with Fusion received emails and post email responsese as updates on tasks and attached files as docs on tasks.

I can imagine intake being very similar process. I think it is a bit tricky with attachments, I know that we had issues receiving ZIP files, and furthermore any "linked" documents won't get properly uploaded to a request.

As for the exact scenario that will vary depending on your workflow