Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Attaching a Dashboard at Project level as a data entry method

Level 3
Hello! I believe I heard this at a 2018 Leap session where the admin attached a dashboard report at the project level via layout template so users could view or enter information into custom fields like a spreadsheet rather than the couple of clicks to go to the Custom form. This would perhaps also show them only the few fields that are relevant to them. I wanted to test this out but can't seem to find a way to have the dashboard report show just the project that it sits on (and for any project, like a project wild card). Hoping someone knows how to set this up, and if this method is actively used by anyone (or anyone have an opinion about it!). Thanks in advance! Tina Tina Huang Optum
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
hi Tina, this should just happen naturally. For any project report on a dashboard, outside of a project, it would show all projects. Once you put that same dashboard inside a project, it should only show the project it's in. Let us know if you're seeing something different from this. For example, I just created a project report in the sandbox with no filters. It shows 22000 projects. Once I put it inside the project, it shows 1 row. -skye

Level 3
I think we were the admins that did the functionality you are referring to. As Skye states we built a dashboard and when you attach it to the project as a custom tab, it picks up the attributes of the project (in effect filtering the content to that project). We also expose a custom field on that dashboard so that a PM type can make notes on the item 'in line'. Finally we use Fusion/Azuqua/API calls to move that custom data to the updates feed. Let me know if you have any further questions Jim Brown FujiFilm Medical Systems, USA

Level 3
Thanks Skye that worked! Thanks Jim for the visual that helps to see it! Tina Huang Optum