Expand my Community achievements bar.

Assigning People to Tasks

Level 1

when assigning people to tasks, you can no longer add more than one person at a time because when you hit return once it moves to the next task, it used to let you add the first person, hit return and it adds them, then you find the next person, hit return and it adds the next one and so on without moving to the next task, no longer can we do this, we have up to a dozen people to add to a task, and it makes it really hard to assign quickly.  In the recent past, you would hit return twice to move on to the next task, now it is just once unfortunately.  Does anyone have a resolve for this? 

15 Replies

Community Advisor

If you have the task selected and open the summary panel from the project screen the popup will allow you to assign to people using the enter button.

KellieGardner_0-1725469217303.png

Level 1

Hmm, I dont have that view, your image is very small so hard to see but I do not have "Assignments" showing in the "Summary" window

CarolynRe3_0-1725474190619.png

Community Advisor

That side panel you have up is what I'm talking about. It's called the summary panel.

If you click on one of the persons already in your assignments area, it should give you a pop up in that area that you can use to assign more users using the enter button to select. 

KellieGardner_0-1725476213719.png

(tip: in experience league you should be able to click on the image to make it larger)

Community Advisor

They don't allow videos to be uploaded but I tried to get a better screen shot for you to show you where you need to "click" 

KellieGardner_0-1725484628476.png

Level 1

Ya, this did not work either, you still have to do it manually with the mouse, cant hit return and then add several other people, so works same as in the task directly.

Community Advisor

When assigning tasks you can typeahead and click your mouse on the user, when you select the user using this method the assignment field stays active and you have the ability to add additional users.  If you're trying to do it without clicking the mouse you might have to use teams and then assign the work to a team.

Level 1

Ya, I am trying to avoid using the mouse since it takes so long and you have to click twice, it is very time consuming and a bit clumsy.  Thanks for your suggestions though!

Community Advisor

it's too bad this wasn't submitted as a bug earlier on. As a workaround, if you're in the assignments window you could click on the doubleheaded icon to open advanced assignments in there and the functionality within that space still works as you expected.

Level 1

I feel so silly/stupid here, but not even sure what the "assignments window" is? We dont have that in our workflow?

Community Advisor

you have to click the head icon in the assignment box to get the advanced assignments pop up window to display

KellieGardner_0-1725484337583.png

Community Advisor

I tried to do it in advance assignments and it didn't work with the enter button. Could only get it to work in the summary panel.

Community Advisor

In advanced assignments, I'm typing in the bare minimum, then hitting the arrow key and hitting enter... is that what you're doing, Kellie?

Community Advisor

Ah, the arrow is what I was missing.

In the summary panel you don't have to arrow down it auto highlights the first user name that pops up. 

KellieGardner_0-1725484757198.png

Community Advisor

interesting, I usually don't type out the whole thing so I always have to arrow down to something. My trade off is I type in the most unique set of 3 or 4 chars and then I arrow down as little as possible.

If it were me, I would record all these different experiences and try and get Support to admit something is a bug, but unfortunately I don't have the bandwidth to fight the good fight at the moment (I have several other pressing bugs to fight)

Community Advisor

in a Command Line that would be something like "Tab auto complete" where you start typing something and it populates results, hitting tab selects the active result.  In this case it seems that Workfront might use arrows in a similar fashion to autocomplete selections.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command-line_completion