Expand my Community achievements bar.

Assigning Custom Form to a Project

Level 2
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I can't figure out how to set up custom forms on a project. The Help system didn't answer my question. When I go to the project edit page (Edit Project), Custom Forms is blank and says "It doesn't look like you have any custom forms set up right now." I do have custom forms and I add them to each task and issue. I'm assuming if the custom forms are listed on the project edit page, I wouldn't have to add them manually. Any insight would be great. Ed Milner Pensacola Christian College
6 Replies

Level 4

Your custom form needs to be set as a Project custom form On Setup -> Custom Form, select the one you need, click Copy and select Project as the type. It will then be available to add to a project. See attached Hope this helps PATRICIA MORENO | WORKFLOW SYSTEMS MANAGER/PRINT PRODUCTION SERVICES T 973 917 6745 | M 973 865 8530 | patricia.moreno@mccann.com 49 Bloomfield Ave, Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046 "https://www.webcargo.net/request/index/id/7299708/dp/0yrcdXl0dzPIyXDQZS"> Click here to send me files via WEBCARGO.net This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this message for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disseminate or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message. Thank you very much.0690z000007ZiTiAAK.png

Level 2
Aahhhh, I see, thank you. I will experiment with that now. Ed Ed Milner Pensacola Christian College

Level 2
Ed, the challenge is that Custom Forms must be designated for each object type. They are not interchangeable across objects (Project, Issue, Task, and Documents). A more intuitive approach (IDEA Exchange) would be to design Custom Forms with an integrated repository of user defined fields (UDFs) that can be applied to any object. Ideally, that repository of UDFs would be supported by a foundation of meta data (perhaps using a standard like DublinCore - DCMI Home: Dublin Core® Metadata Initiative (DCMI) ) Jeffrey Wallk Prolong Pharmaceuticals, LLC

Level 2
I came to the same conclusion. I asked my question with a flawed assumption, however, the answers did help me understand how to get custom forms to be displayed on the project edit page. Ed Milner Pensacola Christian College

Level 7
If you use project templates to convert from issue to project you can set it up so that any issue custom forms automatically get converted to a project custom form. If you don't do that it's easy to forget when you convert to a project and then the custom form is not a part of the project.

Level 10
That's interesting. How do you get the custom form to automatically convert from an Issue to a Project? Did you pre-create both an Issue and Project form with the same fields and then just add the project form to the project? Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT