Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Are you managing HR/Staffing Projects (recruiting, onboarding, training, transitions, etc.) with Workfront?

Level 4
I'd like to know more about that! Can you please provide a brief description of how you're using Workfront? Thanks!
4 Replies

Level 2
Hi Sherry We are using WF within IT for new hires, transfers and terminations. We have a request queue setup for each of these processes, the request creates an issue and then the IT support staff turn that ticket into a project using a template. Basically this helps us standardize the tasks associated with each of these processes and avoid missing a step.

Level 10
Hi, Sean. I'm interested in learning more. We have request queue has well but we turn issues into tasks versus projects. Is there a benefit from converting issue to projects? Thank you, Susan

Level 2
Hi Susan We have setup a project template with a number of tasks, for example when we onboard a new resource we have 11 tasks that need to be completed (as of today). By converting an issue to a project the tasks get automatically created and assigned to our first level support team (of which there are 4 people). Eleven tasks get created and any of one the four staff can grab any task to work on it. Screen shot of our template [cid:image001.jpg@01D2341F.574C89B0]

Level 10
Hi Sherry, For some of our agencies, we do have HR in the tool. For Seattle, we have a request queue for when there is a new hire. The recuriter puts in the request which goes to the HR coordinator. She converts it into a project and we have a template that has all the tasks and people/teams on it. She adjusts the new hire date and the schedule recalculates. (Note: it is a task in the middle of the template as some things need to happen before and some after. The tasks before are set to As Late As Possible, the tasks after to As Soon As Possible) For New York, we are using workfront for people to submit Payroll Changes to the Payroll team (i.e. raises, termination, new supervisors, leave of absences, etc.). For this though, we did need to build a separate encryption tool so other people (like myself as the system admin) can't see salary information. In New York, we also have the recruiters and learning & development teams looking into the tool to help organize trainings or career fairs/interns/on-site visits, but we haven't gotten there just yet.