Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Are you able to deactivate users who have left and still have their hours & costs show up in reports from past projects for capacity & resource planning purposes?

Level 1

We are preparing to start to use Workfront's capacity & resource planning tools and are taking all of the steps to prep to do so (ensure schedules, resources pools, planned hours, costs/hour, etc. are all correct). In running capacity reports we want to both look backwards at project hours & costs for the past 12-months to identify trends, and also look forward by connecting with the teams to better prepare for upcoming work. To look backwards and run reports on the past 12 months it sounds like we have to leave all resourced team members from those months as active to ensure their houses & costs are included rather than deactivating them when they leave as the guidance on Workfront One tells you to. As a workaround I kept them active to ensure their hours & costs would be included in reports, but then I made their FTE "0" to ensure they weren't able to be added as resources. This seems like a bandaid fix to me, so wanted to see if anyone else had a similar situation and how they handled. Also, any additional tips on resource/capacity planning with Workfront are more than welcome :) Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies