Expand my Community achievements bar.

Archiving Programs

Level 4
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had any best practices or suggestions for archiving programs. Some background: We typically use programs to house projects relating back to a campaign, so once the campaign is over, the program is just sitting unused in the list. When I set up new projects, I need to scroll through a long list to get to the active program that the project belongs in, which is time consuming. I thought about creating a portfolio to use as an archive, but ultimately that is not the desired solution for our team. Any suggestions/ideas for this are welcome!
6 Replies

Level 7
Hi Alyson, did you find any best practices, suggestions? I am doing a bit of Admin clean-up, and like you, we have a number of Programs that are no longer 'active/current'. The list is quite long and looking to reduce this. We are thinking of doing an 'Archive Portfolio' and housing them there, but you had mentioned, for you, that it was not a desired solution for your team. Were there limitations or obstacles that you found with going that route?

Level 3
We've added a custom 'status' field on our program forms so that we can filter reports/views (In Setup, Live, Closed, General Use). For now we don't want to move them to a different portfolio since that would open up issues for ownership & viewability. Not sure if this helps, or you may already being doing something similar, but wanted to share.

Level 8
I just submitted this in the Idea Exchange! Go vote for it :). https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115004139993-Archive-Programs-Clients-Etc I think it would be EXTREMELY helpful to have this functionality!

Level 7
And, vote/comment submitted. Thanks for adding it to the Idea Exchange.

Level 8
Yay! You bet - thanks for voting!

Level 4
Thanks for submitting this, Brooke! I just went in and voted as well :)