Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Archive Issues/Requests

Level 4

We use the issue/request process a lot of the time and PMs convert these to projects. After conversion, some users continue to update messages and upload docs to the original issue/request they submitted instead of the new project. I would like to be able to remove that temptation as the PM then needs to copy the new information into the converted project, which can be rather time consuming.

Therefore is there a way/workaround to either archive the original issue/request once converted to project or to make that issue/request deactivated?

Thanks for any ideas!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Looks like another customer has asked this before, so HERE is a post with 3 recommendations to help solve for this - create a custom dashboard that only links to the converted project, adjust sharing settings to View post issue conversion, create a journal report that surfaces updates or document uploads to converted issues. 

Let me know if you have additional questions or would like more information on any of these options.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @AbelleWoo - There is an option in Workfront to delete the original issue/request once converted to a project. This removes the ability for the users to comment/upload documents after the conversion has happened (since then only the project exists).

One note with this though, if you create a project and the original issue is deleted, you can't backtrack and delete the project and get the issue back.

Hope this helps!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Looks like another customer has asked this before, so HERE is a post with 3 recommendations to help solve for this - create a custom dashboard that only links to the converted project, adjust sharing settings to View post issue conversion, create a journal report that surfaces updates or document uploads to converted issues. 

Let me know if you have additional questions or would like more information on any of these options.