Expand my Community achievements bar.

Approval process Edit

Level 2

Hello,

Currently, we have added a task level approval where the execution team needs to edit the approval and specify the name of the user to whom the approval needs to go to. However, only the project owner has the capability to edit the approval even though the task is assigned to other users as well.

Can only project owners update an approval in the task or can task assignees also do this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Are you adding these approvals as one-off/single use or are you using an approval process flow/template? Here is more on editing an approval process - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/administration-and-setup/customize/approvals... 
If you are finding only your project owner can edit the process, it's likely bc you're using an approval flow that designates the approver as the project owner. You can change this to include multiple people or roles. See here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/administration-and-setup/customize/approvals... 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Hello @Madalyn_Destafney I'm using an approval flow template. I have designated the approver to a specific team who are different than the project owners. However, it is still not allowing other members tagged to the task to edit the approval flow.

Community Advisor

Being assigned on a task wouldn’t give those users access to edit your approval flow automatically. Approval processes themselves (which are used in any task that uses that flow, so more than just this specific task) can only be edited by admins, I believe. If you have ever-changing flows, you may want to consider single use approval processes, since if you change something in a templates approval flow it may have impact on other tasks using this flow. Or you can consider having another approval flow with the different users you need so they can choose the appropriate flow. If it’ll always be contingent on who the task is assigned to, then I suggest using single-use (ad hoc) task approvals, not a templates flow/process.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )