Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applying a Universal Default View For Issues

Level 6

We are working on a simple form for people to fill out issues: it's just a simple three-column view. I've been able to make the view available to all users, but am coming up against a wall making it the DEFAULT for everyone: that way, they don't have to scroll through the options. I've been through the documentation and played around in Setup, but nothing seems to be popping up. Am I barking up a tree that doesn't exist?

0690z000008YH8QAAW.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

So I cheated ;)

For our Spec Sheets, the Print Production team wanted a certain view, but like you said, can't force them to use that view.

I created an issue report, put the fields I wanted, put that report in a dashboard, and then added it to their layout. So now in a project, the Print Production people just see "Spec Sheets" on the left nav (we are in NWE) and use that to see what they need.

Now, word of caution, this only works because they are not the ones creating new issues. If your team needs to create issues and see a certain view, this might not work.

Level 6

Great, thanks for the confirmation. We do have a similar dashboard that we will attach to projects so we get a project roll-up on our 3 types of ideation phases (copy, editorial, design).

Our big challenge will be helping the business determine the threshhold for logging an issue: My sense is that logging 50 issues on a project suggests a much larger challenge, and that issues should be deployed sparingly with objective criteria (eg, "more than 3 rounds of copy changes")

Level 2

Hi Ryan,

You can apply a default view, as well as filters and groupings,in the Layout Template. Go to Setup > Layout Templates > Customize what users see > Select Lists and add or remove any Views, Filters, and Groupings that you want your users to have access to or not have access to.

Hope that helps!